Total Semester Hours Required: 32-36 (depending on electives)
Students pursuing the MS in Mechanical Engineering with Graduate Certificate in Engineering Leadership must complete 16 semester-hours of required GIEL coursework and 16-20 semester-hours of advisor-approved technical courses.
Please refer to the Mechanical Engineering homepage for the most up-to-date course requirements and other program information.
Required GIEL Coursework
All students will be required to complete the following 16 semester-hours of Gordon Engineering Leadership coursework. Please visit the curriculum page for complete course descriptions.
|ENLR 5121||Engineering Leadership 1||2|
|ENLR 5122||Engineering Leadership 2||2|
|ENLR 5131||Scientific Principles of Engineering 1||2|
|ENLR 5132||Scientific Principles of Engineering 2||2|
|ENLR 7440||Engineering Leadership Challenge Project 1||4|
|ENLR 7442||Engineering Leadership Challenge Project 2||4|
Mechanical Engineering Core Coursework and Concentration Options
All students will be required to complete 32-36 semester-hours of Mechanical Engineering core coursework. Core coursework is specific to the chosen concentration.
- Mechanical Engineering with Concentration in General Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering with Concentration in Mechanics and Design
- Mechanical Engineering with Concentration in Materials Science
- Mechanical Engineering with Concentration in Mechatronics
- Mechanical Engineering with Concentration in Thermofluids