Submit your application using the GIEL online application system. In addition to the application form, you will be asked to:
- Upload your current resume
- Enter contact information for an individual at your organization who can nominate you for the program and attest that the organization can provide a suitable Challenge Project for completion during the program.
Once you enter this information, an email will be sent asking the individual to complete the Sponsor Nomination Form and Challenge Project Statement of Intent.
If you plan to pursue GIEL as part of a Master of Science program, please select “Master of Science with Graduate Certificate in Engineering Leadership” as your degree option on the online application. Pay careful attention to the additional materials required for a complete application to each individual college.
- Graduate School of Engineering (Any MS Degree)
- College of Science (MS in Biotechnology)
- Khoury College of Computer and Information Science (MS in Cybersecurity)
The Gordon Institute of Engineering Leadership (GIEL) seeks candidates with the following qualifications:
- Highly motivated with the potential to develop as an engineering leader
- Excellent record of academic performance
- Experience in the field of engineering (ideally through full-time work experience, but co-op or internship experience will also be considered)
- Employment in an industry related to your degree program (typically a full-time employer) to define the scope of your Challenge Project. If you do not have a full-time employer at the time of application, please contact email@example.com to discuss other possible sponsor options.
GIEL Candidates must apply for and be admitted to the respective college through which they plan to earn their Master of Science and the Gordon Institute of Engineering Leadership. Students who already have a graduate degree in engineering or at least three years of engineering work experience are eligible to apply for the stand-alone Graduate Certificate in Engineering Leadership.
Admission to GIEL is competitive, candidates are encouraged to apply early. Domestic students must submit applications to their respective MS programs prior to August 1. International students must submit applications to their respective MS programs prior to April 15. Gordon Institute classes begin in September.
Do you have questions about the admissions process?
The Gordon Institute team is here to answer all of your questions. Fill out the contact form and a member of our team will be in touch to speak with you.