Northeastern has been participating in this international sustainability survey for the past seven years. In 2014 NU was ranked 10th out of 361 participating universities and in 2015, it was again ranked 10th out of 407 participating universities. Universities are ranked on a number of dimensions, including a set of Education indicators. Many of these have increased at NU from 2015 to 2016.
Some key Educational Indicators for 2016 include the following:
- A total of 191 courses related to environment and sustainability offered out of a total of 3,179 courses overall.
- Total research funds dedicated to environmental and sustainability research averaged annually over the past 3 years =$15,445,969. This represents 13 percent of the total amount of research funds received, averaged over the past 3 years = $130,534,202
- A total of 188 scholarly publications on environment and sustainability published by NU faculty over the past year.
- A total of 327 scholarly events related to environment and sustainability, averaged annually over the past 3 years.
- A total of 26 student organizations related to environment and sustainability.